Re: (TFT) defending and request

At 14:36 -0400 9/26/06, Steve R. wrote:
Currently Defend seems to be only a
good option for a figure trying to buy time until their buddies can come
over and bail them out of a bad situation.

There are some other practical uses.

a) Stand on the front lines, defend while your missile-weapon buddies shoot (or pole-weapon buddies jab) over your shoulder. This can be particularly effective for a character who has burdened himself with enough armor that his DX is in the cellar.

b) Recover from a 5-point hit last turn, then strike next turn when your adjDX is back up. Likewise for Dazzle, or other temporary effects.

c) increase your odds of surviving the pike-ax charge attack, then hit before he can disengage next turn.
--
                           Mark Tapley, Dwarf Engineer
                       (I haven't cleared my neighborhood)