Re: (TFT) Using Melee/Wizard as a Wargame

My biggest problem with GURPS is the inherent "generic" quality to - everything-. There are things that I like about GURPS, from a roleplaying standpoint. There are things I like better about TFT from a conflict simulation standpoint.

One of the things that years of wargaming has taught me is that complexity does not always equal realism. In fact, it is usually the more elegant but subtle rules which give a game it's realism. Something as simple as changing the turn ordering can have a huge impact.

David Jackson