(TFT) Tatoo and Unarmed Combat comments

Craig W. Barber Wrote:
"What is the rationale again for not allowing others to skin the
character after death, cut off the tattooed arm or the like, then
claim the magic is in the ink?   I think that rationale needs to be
strong, or we need to live with some gruesome "Waterworld"
scenarios!   Sorry if I'm not paying attention here."

I don't think the magic would be only in the ink. If it were, then there
would be little reason, I would think, to do it as a tattoo. Just do it as
a scroll, garment, shield art, sign, flag, etc.

I think it would be related to the psychic and visualization elements
of TFT magic, and that for it to take effect, it would want to be visible
by the caster and maybe also by the subject of the spell.

Craig also wrote:
"Challenge: can anyone come up with an example of a martial artist
who deliberately went into serious multi-person mC*lC)es or real
military battles *totally unarmed*?"

Only in martial arts fantasies (e.g. films, mostly Asian, though there
are also many Asian marital arts fantasy films where martial arts
masters prefer to go armed).

"Which I'd argue would mean that we should just downgrade UC by
making it easier to get, and stop expecting UC guys to give up all their
IQ and weapons!"

Yes.

* 11 IQ points of memory and the IQ prereqs are excessive, I think.

* I think at least UC I shouldn't require being unarmored.

* Maybe have a range of 1-IQ talents for each ability without high IQ
requirements, without as many linear prerequisites, so there can also
be more variety.

* I think TFT has always needed more ways to avoid getting hit that
are not ultra-hard UC talents or dropping all offense. If no other
house rule has done that, then adding talents might be a way, not
requiring lack of weapons or armor to benefit from them.

PvK