Re: (TFT) Joe Average "Greg Thorne"

> Nice post Jay. I really appreciate GM's who try to understand how things
> make sense, add up, etc. A few comments:
>
> 1. I would never assume that the random PC tables have anything to do with
> any population distribution anywhere. It's just ad ad hoc way to roll up a
> character with fewer decisions. Just as 1/3 of all characters using those
> tables is a Wizard...

Thanks for your comments, (at least someone wants to hear what I gotta say) I agree with you 110% on this. However this is the closest thing I have available that passes for information and the mans numbers add up suprisengly well in many cases. Anyhoo the idea here is to extrapolate from origanial data rather than use my own.

> 2. I lost a complete big toenail at the end of last October. It took about
> six months to grow back. It's about 5/8 inch long, and the first 1/4 inch
> grew in about double thickness. Maybe elves grow nails faster or slower,
> though.

The potion asks for weight here. I've got a whole bit on relative sizeing that I'll try to get posted but what if we gave all the elves somekind of whateverthehell that bug is that makes your nails grow in thick? Would that mater for the potion?

> 3. I don't remember anyone ever using a Telekinesis potion.

I hear you. But aint it cool to have the option already covered?

> 4. I wonder about the accuracy of the (nonexistant?) Elyntian census. The
> claims about the former population of Winterhome are pretty impressive,
> too.

There are some clues to the population of the southern regions of Elyntian in that Gazette article... This needs to be it's own post. I also noticed some Gamelord disscussion last month so this analysis should be aprapo.

> 5. I ran a long and huge campaign built around the Dran map, where some
> facts were figured out in advance, but many had to be extrapolated and/or
> revised later. Judging from the amount of idle youths with fighting
> talents and liberty to roam around making trouble and getting killed, I
> figured there had to be a goodly population in the countryside as well as
> more people in the cities than was thought in the map notes in ITL.

IMHO NPCs' are much more valueable than gold. Thanks again for the comments.

Jay