RE: (TFT) Killing Joe

>From (TFT) attributes STR

>> If I can say that 1pt of dam = about 200ft lbs of force, then.............

1 ft lb = 1.356 joules
1 joule = 0.24 calories
1 BTU = 252 calories = 1,054 joules
1 watt = 3.4129... BTUs <<

>From a Mythbusters episode (I'll have to look up the exact one)

A chineese broadsword cuts aprox. 5in into balistics gel.
Stroke by trained person

Would this imply 1in deep cut for 1 pt dam?

I haven't reached any conclusions but the tree seems proper for barking up.
If I can get any fix on 1pt dam then I can do things like...

Lightning according to the World Book I've been useing from the early '80s says
strikes vary widely but 100,000,000volts isn't uncommon.

now volts are just potental dam...
>> and this brings up an intresting point. If energy equals power times
time and the power formula P=EQ/T is multiplied by time to give
energy, the equation then reads E(sub n)=EQT/T and time will cancel
out.
Therefore energy is actually something that may do work if given a
chance but has no reference to time itself. This has implications for
scale, but for now... <<
... it's volts * amps = watts if I recall so what are the implications for
lightning here?
If I remember there was a Mythbusters where they were droping toasters and
such in the tub and they gave how many miliamps across the heart needed...
I don't remember the figure (though I wanna say 3)

(I'll get to it fellas... believe it or not when I actually do a compleate topic
I polish it up, type the thing in word so I can SPELL CHECK (LOL) etc.
it aint nearly so rough...)

I've got 2400 volts @ 30sec for an electric chair but no amperage. If I recall
correctly this was in 2 passes and was overkill for obvious reasons. (Even
the dry sponge in the Green Mile....)
I also pulled from National Geographic Explorer 'Struck By Lightning' that a
strike on a home can send from 20,000 to 200,000 amps through home
wireing (200amp normal load) but of course copper is a conductor.

So useing...
1 ft lb = 1.356 joules
1 joule = 0.24 calories
1 BTU = 252 calories = 1,054 joules
1 watt = 3.4129... BTUs

1,000,000volts @ 1amp = 1,000,000watts aprox= 3704pts dam
1,000,000volts @ 1microamp = 1000watts aprox= 0.370pts dam

19 people struck at golf tourny in AZ in 2004 (none killed?)
Max killed by single strike is given in my old Guniess but I can't put my
hand to it.
Of course thats ONLY shock shock. Another fact mentioned was that air
temps can reach 60,000deg f and multi hits may be the rule for groups.

from
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/MuhammadKaleem.shtml

Nuclear weapons are far more destructive than any conventional (non-nuclear) weapon. They are often called atomic bombs or hydrogen bombs. The energy released by nuclear weapons is measured in tons, kilotons (thousands of tons), or megatons (millons of tons) of TNT. In international standard units (SI), one ton of TNT is equal to 4.184 &times; 10^9 joule (J).

Looks like explosions, fireballs and the like may be dooable like this as well...

I also didn't bring my "simpilfied enginering for arcatects and builders handbook" that has load info
for wood, metal and stone. This will give us buildings that live and die...

back to cities