RE: (TFT) Hex

> From: selfinflicted_wounds@boardermail.com
>

> The reason I made the thing in the first place was an attempt at what

> (I think Shawn Doucet named it) we used to call Action Time i.e.

> fractions of a 5sec turn i.e. slow motion.

     Ah yes, Action Time. A phrase coined by Gerald Henthorne. How does one
describe that which happens without words? The Action Time that can be spoken
is not the true Action Time.

     It is a culmination of trust, awareness of the future, and the focus of
multiple people stacked razor sharp and ocean deep into one moment. Where
facial expressions speak sentences, and gasps write paragraphs. It's knowing
that what you say will change everyone's world forever, and knowing you'll get
another go once it's gone around the table.

In more specific terms you say?

     I can tell you specifically what it is not. It is not any player every
getting skipped or missing their turn. Ever. It isn't people so bored they
look like they are going to slide out of their chair and be lost under the
table, all while they read to you out of a rule book as though monotone
conveys truth. And it isn't complacency cause no one ever dies. It's more the
opposite of those.

     When the Action Time has passed and it is moving into the ''already''
one's mind gets to look back over it and choose what to keep for permanent
memory and what to let slide. Sometimes in that moments after players have
made some interesting comments. All with huge smiles on their faces, and eyes
that burned with light.

       ''Oh, I get it Mike. There are more of them, _AND_ they are better than
you.''
       - Edward Day Ott

       ''That demon was kind of kinky.''
       - Renai Williams

       ''Yeah I think we'll call ourselves the wrecking crew.''
       - Darryl McCreary

       ''B A S K E T !! What freakin basket!? Where did that freakin basket
come from.''
       - James Arthur Flammang

       ''Naw, that was amazing.''
       - James Arthur Hyfield