Re: (TFT) An Open Letter to Contributors

To me, the most critical thing in the news group right now is the lack of good adventure design courses, adventure stories, and finished adventures. Without good adventures and a GM who understands adventure dynamics, a
contribution to the news group is wasted. Will quality adventures be written
for the community?

If this were done, would it still be the TFT list?

     The feedback I have gotten has all been positive. People write me
off-list asking for more stories, and to continue existing adventures. I
figure I will show my new system to the group and then I can continue with the
stories. Two surprising things immediately became apparent, however, 1) most
GM's refuse to give ear, and won't even let me show it to them, and 2) I am
then told that people are only interested in stories and the HTH system is no
good anyway.

But is it your stories and adventures that they ask for? Or your new system?

     Why is this? As the majority of contributors must be aware, most of you
Preach about your style. Any rule that is not fitting with your campaign is to
be withheld for your flock of players. Who cares if maybe your players would
see the advantage of the new system where you have not.

My campaign style does not revolve aorund pre-programmed adventures. And if my
players don't like what system I run, they're free to go elsewhere or run their own games. Many do, and like most, I am a player and a master. For myself, I don't find TFT too slow, and I'd rather spend my energy elsewhere than in a new system.
For me, I've found that the fun in roleplaying games is not particularly the
system, but the group of people paying it, and what they do there. There are
many systems that, if well known and run by the master and players, do not get
in the way of enjoyable gaming. I find TFT to be one of those. That's part of
the reason I use it. I'm pretty sure I don't slam others for having different preferences. There's no point to it.
Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com