Re: (TFT) An Open Letter to Contributors

On Thu, January 10, 2008 10:12 am, David Michael Grouchy II wrote:
> Without good adventures and a GM who understands adventure dynamics, a
> contribution to the news group is wasted.

I don't follow.

>      Almost seven years ago, expecting the demands for new adventures to
> expand, I developed a faster version of TFT called ''One on One.'' The
> evolution of One on One into a dice language has been a lot of fun. It
> really
> is a next generation combat system. It is both faster than TFT and yet
> lets
> you do more.

Sounds interesting. I don't remember seeing a link to this.

> ... Who can find the will to continually try to introduce the next
> generation of table top combat in the face of such zealotry and
> dogma.

What I've seen doesn't match what you describe.
When someone wants to try a new system, amongst gamers I know,
they set up a game and try it out.
Trying to convert existing campaigns to a different system can be done,
but it's usually not the sort of thing that one would ask a GM to do to an
existing campaign, since most of their work will be for another system. So
people just start a new game to try it out. I don't see that being a
problem - it gets done when a game looks fun to try out.

> And then after being shouted down, and everyone
> nodding to each other that a story would be better, no one posts
> a story.

I don't see people being shouted down for suggesting new ideas. I also
don't see everyone asking for stories. I also don't see a conflict. People
write what they want to write.

>  If this is not your
> message, and you have actually contributed an adventure, then it is my
> privilege to offer you the eyes and ears of my players and let them
> enjoy your work.
>      The worst offenders are those Priests who don't even have a group of
> players. Who don't even play TFT. These Priests without flocks shout the
> loudest. ...

Seems like a pretty dramatic and needlessly confrontational metaphor. It's
not like the list doesn't have room for all sorts of contributions.