RE: (TFT) word value

David wrote:

"Consider.  A characters' statistics and abilities are a combination of
numbers
and words.  What I am suggesting is that the rate at which numerical
values
are increasing is causing a simultaneous devaluing of word meanings.
Said
another way.  Math is beating the brains out of vocabulary.  Math,
numbers,
and formulas have multiplied, propagated, overgrown their original
fields and
completely erased the lines of definitions that used to exist between
words.
It's excessive and out of balance."

"I remember early role playing to be a nice balance between new
vocabulary and
new formulas.  I am merely bringing a way for GM's to see what their
players
do not.  Namely that this period of post modern deconstructionism is
coming to
an end.  Breaking things down to smaller and smaller pieces to see how
they
work is almost played out.  Coalagulation lies in our future.  The
ability to
join small pieces together and get a larger result."

Doesn't this describe many changes in our society. I think I agree and
it's just human nature to some degree. This happens with any set of
rules. People get used to the rules as written and want to make them
"better" so the usually add or provide more detail to spice things up.
So what's to be done about it?

Aidan