Re: (TFT) Hirst Arts Melee/Wizard Arena

< And even though it's not something I
would or could ever do, I do find it inspiring. >

DAMNIT Sarge!

Why COULDN'T you?

I understand the art part, the walls are BEAUTIFUL, but specific.

When you tell me about a room don't you have SOME kind of picture/concept in your head?

I propose scaled tools to help you SHOW me what you mean as a GM, not just say it.
(I've got them for the player too. Ever have a fencer explain just how they see their thrust?)

I could care less about the art part.
I LOVE it, but the pictures are immaterial.
Perter Jackson only caught a few better visuals than I already had in my head, and MY campaign was in New Zealand WAY before that flick.
And I've never been there.

Don't floks bitch cause HeroScape is spendy?

What's wrong with having more general tools for areas wthat ain't that important.
"We shall never pass this way again"

And why should I have to spend an arm and a leg to have them?

And why should the "props" DISCOURAGE inspiration.
"I couldn't do THAT"
Of course not.
He can't do what YOU can either.

(Mr. Miller, I don't mean you personally sir. Your work inspires me too!)

Far too often does a die roll occur with two difrent "mental" pictures between GM and player.

This makes for bad Rollplaying which makes Roleplaying diffacult at best.

What if gravity fuctioned according to gods fealings about the situation?

It JUST might, if you consider the individual in question a god.

I'm getting weird again.
Sorry.

My point is, don't give up that form of expression just because you see someone do it impressivly.

Is this cats stuff even to scale?
If so, can he tell me the "ballpark" weight of the largest stone in a wall?
How much Damage to get throught one?
Is that the same damage applied to Figures?

Pretty pictures is what's wrong with video games today.
There are subtler forms of immersion.
Those bitches just wanna sell vid cards and whatnot.

Go ahead and cut me off if'n I don't play the "buy a new computer every 2 or 3 years" game.

What are these NEW machines offering me?
LESS control over the shit I brought in the first place?

Progress ain't worth a durn if'n ya never grasped fully the previous "steep"

I'll shut up now....