Re: (TFT) Action Report - DCG's "The Dark Vale"; also rules comments

> Depends on what you mean. My balance suggestion was a reply to Sgt
> Hulka's contention that ITL talents tip balance, which they clearly
> can compared to characters with no advanced talents, since they give
> bonuses that are not available without them, and they give no
> disadvantages compared to generic Melee characters. So for someone
> concerned with the balance of challenges in a programmed adventure
> and wanting to maintain that balance, it makes sense to
> counterbalance accordingly. Could even do it where something like
> Missile Weapons (+3 DX but only for missile weapons) is assessed a
> value of 1 or 2 character points.

Another way would be to have slightly more or tougher enemies to
compensate for the advantage the characters gain from using the ITL
talents. The GM would probably have to assess how much of an advantage
the party's talents gave them and then adjust accordingly, which might
be tough except DX and numbers of enemies are easy to adjust.

On a side note, it's worth considering that a lot of the enemies that
characters run up against are incapable of learning talents (animals,
zombies, etc.) or conscript types who haven't had time to hone their
skills anyway, so it's realistic that the characters would have an
advantage over these. But again, if the canned adventure didn't plan
for talents, it's reasonable to make the characters hack their way
through a few more enemies. Docking attribute points in exchange for
talents seems excessive in most cases, but Missile Wpns might be an
exception since it's so powerful in combat.

-Meg