Re: (TFT) Action Report - DCG's "The Dark Vale"; also rules comments

>In a Unit of conscripts I'm not sure that everybody in the Unit has a weapon Talent.
>
>Attacking the women and children is a pretty effective tactic for
>eleminating native populations so you can use the land for your purposes.

Agreed. So? Relevance?

>A RPG probably shouldn't be balanced.

Depends on what you mean. My balance suggestion was a reply to Sgt Hulka's contention that ITL talents tip balance, which they clearly can compared to characters with no advanced talents, since they give bonuses that are not available without them, and they give no disadvantages compared to generic Melee characters. So for someone concerned with the balance of challenges in a programmed adventure and wanting to maintain that balance, it makes sense to counterbalance accordingly. Could even do it where something like Missile Weapons (+3 DX but only for missile weapons) is assessed a value of 1 or 2 character points.