Re: (TFT) Energy, units, cautionary notes.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Carlisle"

So if average reaction time is a fifth of a second and I express that as 2
seconds / DX (10avg) = 0.2 seconds and I say Steve had IQ 8 then his
reaction time is more like a quarter of a second... if his pitch is going at
200fps (in a vacume the whole time... maybe it's a spell) it covers the 60
feet to the plate in 0.3 seconds.
His sight to speed ratio would be something like 0.25:0.3
Compare to a pitcher throwing in the 100mph club @ 150fps (~102mph) with an
IQ of 12 who's sight to speed ratio is something like 0.16:0.4

sooooo if I divide the pitch time by the perception time of the pitcher and
make 3.5

... the average number of perception moments required to "precieve" enough of your Action to attempt it with an average chance of success then I could assign dice mods to an Actions intensity; "Attack Strong" or "Attack Soft" instead of just "Attack" and etc. Dice mods are given by whole intervals of perception moments removed from the average of 3.5.

In otherwords, in the above example of great vs. greatest, Dalkowski is a 0.3 / 0.25 = 1.2 which comes in at -3 (on a numberline 3.5 is 0).
Our modern phenom comes in at 0.4 / 0.16 = 2.5 or -1.

Per die?