Re: (TFT) back from the olympics

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Jackson"

So, when I see sweeping generalizations like this, it makes me wonder
what sort of evidence you are using to back up the notion that violence
in video games is unhealthy.

Hey David,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTxHJMM6hHE&feature=related

If this one is real then the remote controll up the backside can't represent the epitomie of health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc

I also have a very strong intuition that in the same way that a factory owner might think that a production ratio of 1:350 translates directly into a higher standerd of living for the whole population, the assumptions burried in many "violent" style games might lead to more cavalier attitudes about already harry situations, burning the whole village just like clearing the level and such. If you went out and shot 12 deer today do you have any idea how that might affect the local population? Killings fine, these games are susposed to be about things you'd not ever get to do personally ah la the fantasy or fiction (science) componet, but killing for nothing else but a visceral rush over and over again with no effect on the enviroment, no reprecussions, no drain on resources? Athos: "C'mon Plauche get a move on! Money, money, money, money..." < rubs fingers together >
Plauche: < mumbeling > "It's alright for some..."