(TFT) Flight I guess

Units are groupings of Populations of Figures across a given area in relation to common goals or interests stated in a Charter.
Alignments are groupings of Units in relation to other Units.
Buildings are the physical structures that support Units.

Per OFlaherty
O=s^2 With O (Output) standing for the area of a city protected by an input (foot-guard Unit, cavalry Unit, wall, tower, etc.) and s standing for the length of a side of the idealized square of the area protected.
I=4s Where I stands for the quantity of inputs.
These equations show the increasing returns to, and economies of - scale.
O=I^2/16  solving for s in O=s^2 and substituting in I=4s
I = 40^1/2

Henline Mountain to Marys Peak to Saddle Mountain to Henline Mountain is approximately 430 km as the crow flies.

One million Btu equals approximately
90 pounds of coal
125 pounds of oven dried wood
8 gallons of motor gasoline
10 therms of natural gas
1 day energy consumption per capita in the U.S.

1 foot pound = 1.35581795 joules
gallon of gasoline = 1.3x10^8 joules (130,000,000 joules)

Piper Cub ~1500 lbs. gross weight (loaded, fueled); between 800-1000 lbs empty.
Range: 399 nmi (735 km, 460 mi)
Service ceiling: 19,000 ft (5,595 m)

Joe Average ~165 lbs. gross weight (equipped, after supper); ~150 lbs naked.
Joe Average ST = 10
1pt ST = 5.5 foot pounds
Joe Average exerts 55 foot pounds per hour under normal effort (1 hr work).

What does TFT have to say about Flying?
3ST + 1per turn @ MA 12
Thats uhhh, 723ST per hour @ uhhh, just about 7 miles per hour, or about twice an average walk.
The Cub cruises (75% power) at around 115 mph
The Cub uses ~2/3rds of its fuel to make the circuit mentioned at the beginning. Joe Average wizard takes over 38 hours to cover the roughly 267 miles expending over 54,000ST to do so straight through. Lets see the Piper Cub has 12 gal tanks to start, or about 7 gal to fly the circuit with ~5 gal left. Now I have Joe expending fST over the course of an effort that maintains roughly the same effort as jogging; but to spend all 10 fST Id figure itd be spent much like a marathon runner over a 7 mile course. (ignoring a ton of stuff) If I use 2*5.5 ft. lbs. to represent twice the effort of 1 hour work would you think it proper to call it proportional? Thatd be 1 fST per half hours work but Joe Average at normal effort would travel 3.5 mph over ~8 hours or 28 miles in the course of a day, taking about 9.5 working days under his own power w/o rest or exhaustion (1 fST) or overtime effort. At 4 fST per hour rest, Joe Average exerting twice a work hour for 7 mph at 2 fST per hour can travel 28 miles in 4 hours without exhaustion, rest for two hours and travel another 28 miles for 56 miles, covering the trip in about 4.75 working days. Lets see, TFT would put Joe from A to B to C to A under his own power in ughhh! uhhh 6 turns 1.3m call it 95m every 2 hours uhhh give em 500m or a third of a mile a 10 hour work day. Of course the course has elevation, and east of Henline mountain is an interesting point.
I picked these locations quite a while back from objective experience.
Turns out that all three peaks lie along established air routes.
From Henline Mountain the flight west toward Marys Peak is all downhill
until the peak itself, and after that climb in altitude one is well above the spine of the Coast Range all the way to Saddle Mountain. Back home is downhill again until the climb of Henline and if one maintained their altitude from the start of the trip then no altitude change would be needed. Also, average summer windflow patterns circulate in a circular fashion from north east to south west along the described route. If one chose to get technical about the trip, Id expect a well flown pressure pattern flight would save measurable fuel / fST and eliminate a lot of drift.

Sectional Aeronautical Chart Portland 87 section = Seattle 37 section has the Conjurers Crooked Cottage. Southern neighbor Klamath Falls 87 section pre 69 = Klamath Falls 37 section has Gilmore Field on a hill just west of Grass Valley, the wests first commercial airstrip and in existence before 1903 .

The Conjurer has folded up shop (literally) and cleared out of the Pacific Northwest in 1826, owing to the second Snake Expeditions arrival in Ochoco County Dec. 17 1825 from Nez Perce (departed Nov. 21).
The Conjurer likes his elbow room.