(TFT) House Rules?

What are some people's favorite house rules?  I've been looking over the
archives and digging through old magazines and things like Ty's website
(thanks to the Wayback Machine).
Have their been any, widely accepted, house rules to come up on the list over
the last several years?
I know that the Codex had alternate rules, but I never found a copy of it.
 What were they?
Has anyone used Ty's d20 rule?  At first I was dismissive of it, but
rethinking it, I realized I could switch things around and make TFT a roll
high system (which aesthetically I far prefer).  Basically roll d20 and add
your attribute, + or - any mods, with the target number being 20+
Oh, I also liked the idea of the TFT-JME house rules that dispensed with
Hero/Wizard divide and made spell casting a function of Talents you purchased
(allowing mixed class characters).
Anyway, I'd love to hear about other people's different rules.
Cheers,Matthew