Re: (TFT) Wizard mods - out of balance?

As I wrote later, I wasn't actually recommending that idea; I meant it as a similar idea to the IQ-for-spell-use idea, for comparison and seeing why it wouldn't be a great idea, as you detail.

BTW I would say adjDX over 15 does affect combat (i.e. who acts first, rate of fire, and ability to take aimed shots, in addition to offsetting other minuses).

--- raito@raito.com wrote:
Nice idea. Except that the high-level weapon Talents are ususally about
boosting DX anyway (Missle Weapons, THrown Weapons, Fencing). So using
DX to boost DX is a bit odd. Almost as odd is the fact that raw DX can
overcome the advantage of those Talents. Also, as someone has probably
pointd out before, and adjDX over 15 doesn't affect combat, it only
affects how many negative modifiers a figure can endure before they're
at less than maximal to-hit capability.