Re: (TFT) Re: [No subject]

Seems to me the lesson is that the TFT job rules don't work well when taken literally and applied to the entire population. Assuming your calculations are accurate, they give way more attributes than make sense. Average 40-year-old people in reality have maybe some more IQ and a bit less ST and DX than 20-year-old people, and average 70-year-olds are certainly NOT 63 points, in reality. I expect they didn't do all the math, or possibly they overcompensated to make players happier or more entertained.

--- raito@raito.com wrote:

Cutting to the chase, 64 point Jim  works until 101.6 years, and almost
makes it to 105. He's still 63 points at 70 years old, and doesn't
start dropping off adventuring until he's pushing 90. Still assumes
that you can survive the bad weeks.

Make that 64. ST 21, DX 21, IQ 21, and a point to spare. But still not
enough to have every necessary skill.

The lesson is that for long life as a human, get an education.