Re: (TFT) Jobs table

Okay this is one of those where the new mail-server seems to have thrown me
off the thread.
Who said job workers got too much character points?
That's just silly.
A job worker checking 52 times a year could never get close to the
experience possible for an adventurer risking (and rewarding) rolls as
quickly as 5 seconds per reward or over six and a quarter million turns per
year.
Yes it gets a bit deeper than that but the whole concept that you can make
more character points working a job vs. adventuring is just wrong.
Metagaming left lots unfinished, and a few fundamentals needed greater
thought, but this is the system that gave D&D stuff real tactics.
The only reason I can figure to play a session of "job table rolls" is
because the GM has framed out a story that makes that session of play "fun"
for the players.
Has anyone but me rolled bunches of NPC's through the job tables till they
get old?