Re: (TFT) Jobs table

On Monday, September 12, 2011, K Peterson wrote:
> So, if you don't mind me asking, how do you handle 'economics' when you
play
> TFT? Do you just give out a base amount of cash to starting characters? Do
you
> have players just pick out the equipment they want for their characters?

I personally have been interested in ideas about players getting into
"frontier" areas only populated by monsters like "Orcs".
In cases like this the "economics" get limited (somewhat) to more basic
ideas like actual work to produce "money".

I had this whole bit about Athens and her silver mine and how that setup has
worked many times in history but then I ran into this idea about Yap-island
stone "coins" vs. what's happened with "Bitcoin" processor generated "work"
to equal "money".

Mr our fantastic host Joe Heartly!
You run this server.
Could you pontificate upon what recently happened with the Bitcoin
"algorithm" and why the processor "work" wasn't the problem?
IMO it's like killing Smaug... cool enough but you have no "dungeon" to
protect the treasure anymore!
How many armies?