Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #253

< Speaking of agriculture, how do dungeons and dwarf cities feed
themselves? Is it trade, with farmers outside, or do they have a food
production method that works underground? >

I've been lost in Dwarf Fortress (and Minecraft... 3d tiles... right up my
alley) pretty heavy the last week or so here.
Once I broke the ascii and could "see" the 3d I was gone.
They use fungus farms much like Cavewars did.
This is interesting but has implications for Dwarf cuisine, specifically
portability as I'd guess there'd be quite a bit of drying going on.
Maybe something symbiotic like digestive cultures allowing dwarfs to eat...
dirt?
Dwarf septic systems...
Silicon and ammonia instead of carbon and water?
Probably way too much... still better to go too far and pull back than not
go far enough where fantasy is concerned.
Strike the Earth!