Re: (TFT) Dwarven economy (was: Re: TFT Digest V4 #253)

I buy board games used or on sale. I have too too many. I actually broke
down and bought Civ boardgame (Nov 2010) NEW FULL retail at Barne$ and
Noble$. Why? Just impatient.

I was not unhappy opening and leafing through it. But, then  I couldnt
figure out how to play so I put the game on the shelve, and waited for
Boardgamegeek.com to come up with some online tutorials.

Last year I looked again and got something out of the VID tutorials but not
the full feel for the rules. It wasnt untill late april that I finally got
to play at Gamedays weekend in towson Md.

I completely agree with your FAIL assessment of Civ V and I and still
confounded by the rules and the positioning of the game. Im not sure what
they are trying to do, or what they are trying for, but CIV V certainly
isnt 'my' CIV, nor my fathers Civ (1915-2006)
Civ 3 was the 'it' game for me, but Civ 4 was very close. They could have
done a better job on multiplayer with C4, and i would have played on line
more.  Civ2 really was priceless 'just one more thing i have to do' time
stealer.  And of course I usually made the same dumb mistakes.

I guess I just really need to read the C5 manual. there just so many things
to do yard work. preparing for my TFT campaign, cooking.

I remember Titan. I have an unpunched AH at home.  It was republished
recently. And, Flopped. Unfortunatley.

I also have blue screens of DEATH. I dont even know why for sure, but its
happening more frequently. It might be the rat crap windows drivers. It
happens frequently under firefox.

Oh well. I might try CIV 5 again.

We played Civ board game last night, but not to completion.

Cheers :D