Re: (TFT) Re: Sha Ken

The Grey Mouser laughs at metal armor!

Actually there are a few other controls to this type of thing.
Just how easy is steel to make and how much is available?
If the culture isn't very high on the tech-tree or doesn't have a very
plentiful resource supply then I doubt to many folks are gonna wanna invest
lots of money in an almost disposable weapon.
Even if they can produce them pretty cheaply there's really no point if
they aren't going to be effective.
That kind of thing isn't uncommon in a situation like a foreign invasion
where one sides equipment is at a disadvantage but production of the
inferior weapon usually stops quickly unless there's a numbers/production
advantage being exploited or similar situation.
You may be killing 10 of us for every one loss but we're fielding 20 guys
to your one soooo.
Also ninja were pretty specialized and highly trained.
Sha-ken are almost like a Bond-gadget I'd think.