Re: (TFT) TFT Tonight: How to make players even more miserable. To the DOGS, I say! Suggestions as players? or dms?

Hah - you just never kow how players will react to troubles with the justice system, especially if they have been framed.

One of our party was framed for the murder of a wizard (the wizard to whom he had been apprenticed as a lad) and was arrested and jailed when we were passing through the capital city.

with ony a few days before trial and hanging, we talked about a daring jailbreak, but eventually decided on a different course of action, hiring a lawyer to make the problem go away (through whatever means he wanted to employ, bribery being the one we expected).  Naturally when I (as a PC in this game) walk into the lawyer's office, he rightly surmises that the scruffy adventurer is not the same caliber (and wealth) of his normal clientele, but I am able to get an audience, explain what we need done, and drop off a small bag of coin (we did not have enough to hire him) and our best magic item, a hugely valuable crystal ball.

Yep, we just threw money at the problem to make it go away.

Of course, if there is an angry and determined Lord Fine with an axe to grind, that solution may not work, though they could pay someone else to bring in GEBO while they go to ground.