Re: (TFT) this new TFT like game popped up. here are some links. Mr 'No self control' bought a copy

On 3/5/13 4:22 PM, Joel BoardgameRpger wrote:
for starters:

some how craft the talent system so that a person can get more talents with
out upping his IQ
A couple of people have come up with different systems for learning more stuff without upping IQ, usually involving buying "memory points" or buying talents directly with experience. The talent XP cost formula I have in my head is (IQ level of Talent) x (number of points to learn) x 10, don't know if I came up with that or stole it from someone.

But I can attest that Master Bard (at IQ 14 and 2 points for an XP cost of 280 by that system - for comparison, Literacy would cost 80) is REALLY HARD to learn, and I'm not even doing the singing component :-P Maybe I'm just studying it, and waiting for my IQ to increase...

a magic healer subset of spells
Agreed. Physicker talent should probably remain the more viable/useful choice for healing though.
a herbalist talent that actually does something
Maybe knowledge of healing herbs is the difference between Physicker and Master Physicker? Still, that would be nice to see. I like the idea of being able to forage for your first-aid kit.

i like your splitting of spell fatigue from strength and taking damage for
over casting 1:2
I also like +1d for charging instead of doubling dice damage.
No one seems to particularly like the charge-attack rules as they stand. Some might miss Conan the Wizard, but not me, and taking damage for over-casting would make a great dramatic device.
make the game NOT as gritty while at the same time not nerf the spell and
combat damage system
I've been playing Pathfinder (D&D variant) recently, and while I've done my best to kill my characters, it just hasn't happened yet, though that may partly be the GM (ok, DM) going easy on the new player who doesn't know how to level-up properly. The low PC mortality rate leads to well-developed characters, but also cheapens victory. YMMV.
Add more stats to the system with out breaking, changing or making the game
too complex.

Charisma? Willpower? Health/Fortitude? Sanity? I like Rick's superscript rules. Other than that... ?

My own suggestion: Fatigue should impact non-wizard characters. I've wondered what a system that let you make multiple melee attacks by spending fatigue (and probably taking a DX penalty) might look like.

- Meg