Re: (TFT) I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Nobody tells this to people who are beginners. I wish someone had told
me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have
good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make
stuff, it's just not that good. It's trying to be good, it has
potential, but it's not. But your taste, the thing that got you into
the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints
you. A lot of people never get paste this phase; they quit. Most
people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of
this. We know our work doesn't have this special thing that we want it
to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or
you are still in this phase, you gotta know that it's normal and the
most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a
deadline so that every week you finish one piece. It's only by going
through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work
will be as good as your ambitions. And i took longer to figure out how
to do this than anyone I've ever met. It's gonna take a while. It's
normal to take a while. You just gotta fight your way through. b Ira
Glass

For everything that lives is holy, life delights in life. b William Blake

People say that what webre all seeking is a meaning for life. I donbt
think thatbs what webre really seeking. I think that what webre
seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences
on the purely physical plane will have resonances without own
innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of
being alive. b Joseph Campbell, "The Power of Myth"

It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.
b Miyamoto Musashi

There is nothing wrong with making things up. You blame yourself, you
blame other people, you guess at reasons b these are all examples of
made up stuff. There is a plot line, and which are making up is drama;
is art. Yet if you think that this art is real, then you begin to
suffer. You are building a prison cell To live in. It is the job of
the koan to take down the walls of such prisons, to undermine your
fictions. Then, you might discover that you are not really suffering
from other people or from circumstances you're suffering from your
maps, your stories, your fiction, your prison. You are suffering from
bad art. b John Tarrant, "Bring Me the Rhinoceros"

I am, by calling, a dealer in words; and words are, of course, the
most powerful drug used by mankind. b Rudyard Kipling

Energy is an eternal delight, and he who desires, but acts not, breeds
pestilence. b William Blake

The ultimate goal of farming is the not the growing of crops, but the
cultivation and perfection of human beings. b Masanobu Fukuoka

b& we're just fucking monkeys in shoes. b Tim Minchin, Confessions

Of course they need nerds! The whole thing is made of nerd! b Julian Butler

The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best
time is now. b Chinese Proverb

In a culture that relentlessly promotes avarice and excess as the good
life, a person happy doing his own work is usually considered an
eccentric, if not a subversive. b Bill Watterson

http://www.freewebs.com/calvin-hobbes-org/dadandcalvinsrecordplayer.jpg

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?665668-Half-naked-Exploding-Porpoises

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-jiZkpHX0RHg/UCfcCvUiFJI/AAAAAAAAZjc/e9N_RfZBH68/s1600-h/Peanuts%2525201961%252520081%25255B3%25255D.gif

http://api.ning.com/files/CdKWTfN9zPtTyCf4FKGRd-dt2uV38lr0TQaX9phgVVkiCEXD2bKRl5i4lYfukCIlhlgoc-92*XtYl2BIHlmcs3gDg3qfX*mQ/god.jpg