 Subject: (TFT) Pitching game to newbies
 To: tft@brainiac.com
 Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 12:59 PM

 I'm thinking of starting an in-person
 campaign sometime this
 summer-fall, with my friends from school, if I can get
 enough people
 together for a weekly session. They're a creative bunch and
 this
 semester, a couple of them did a collaborative storytelling
 project that
 attracted a fairly enthusiastic audience. Still, most if not
 all of the
 players will be newcomers to tabletop roleplaying. Since
 this will be
 their introduction to the genre, I'd like to make the
 campaign as
 engaging and high-quality as possible, while keeping session
 length
 short (two hours per week is asking a lot of busy music
 majors, so I'd
 like to maximize their enjoyment-to-time ratio as much as
 possible).
 I've run campaigns before, but none trying to meet standards
 this high.

 Does anyone have advice on how to make this happen? What
 kinds of
 plots/adventures might you recommend in this scenario? Any
 hints on
 fostering in-character interactions among the group, while
 also
 providing interesting challenges to overcome? Tricks to help
 a group
 stay focused on the game? How to manage logistics and
 prepare for sessions?

 Your wisdom is valued and appreciated!

 - Meg
 with the message body