Re: (TFT) Re: Hail Melee

enough.

Well, that's one thing I always thought TFT DID do better than any other
FRP before or since, which is allow a Conan like character because armor
penalizes your DX so much.

I like that alot. Here's a couple more for your pleasure (from an old
Interplay):

QUICKNESS (IQ 12, Costs 3, needs DX 16+): This talent tones your DX to such
a degree that you are able to make that small movement of the body
necessary to make an incoming blow hit with less damage. This will stop 1
hit of damage. Prerequisite: you need a DX of DX 16 or better.

TOUGHNESS (IQ 8, Costs 1, needs ST 12+): This talent will exercise  your
body so that the muscles are strengthened and worked up so that it will
stop 1 hit of damage. This talent can be used with the Warrior or Veteran
talents if you wish.

DEFENSIVE QUICKNESS I (IQ 14, Costs 3, needs a DX 16 or
better): This is a set of talents designed to eliminate the
commonplace occurrence of an easy victory being gained by the
quicker of two very talented adversaries. This ability represents the
advantage a fighter would have defensively by being both mentally and
physically quick. This quickness, gained by years of combat
experience, makes him a much more difficult target. For all combat
rolls, one die (+1d6) is added to the number of dice rolled whenever
anyone possessing this talent is attacked (i.e. 4/DX in normal combat,
5/DX if Defending or Dodging). This includes surprise and ambush
attacks.
1. It is suggested that the Defensive Quickness Talents be carried
to further degrees. Each additional level costs two IQ points to
achieve and adds one additional die to all combat rolls against
the figure. The prerequisites for these talents are shown below.
2. To add flavor allow the defender to make the roll of the additional
dice.

DEFENSIVE QUICKNESS II (IQ 16, Costs 2, needs Defensive
Quickness I and DX 20 or better): A higher defensive proficiency. This
Talent is identical to Defensive Quickness I except that two dice
(+2d6) are added to all combat rolls against this figure (5/DX in normal
combat, 6/DX if Defending or Dodging).

DEFENSIVE QUICKNESS III (IQ 18, Costs 2, needs Defensive
Quickness II and DX 24 or better): This figure moves extremely fast in
combat situations and is very hard to hit. This talent's benefits are
identical to Defensive Quickness II except that three dice (+3d6) are
added to all combat rolls against this figure (6/DX in normal combat,
7/DX if Defending or Dodging).

DEFENSIVE QUICKNESS IV(IQ 20, Costs 2, needs Defensive
Quickness III and DX 28 or better): This figure moves extremely fast
in combat situations and is very hard to hit. This talent's benefits are
identical to Defensive Quickness III except that three dice (+4d6) are
added to all combat rolls against this figure (7/DX in normal combat,
8/DX if Defending or Dodging).

DEFENSIVE QUICKNESS V(IQ 22, Costs 2, needs Defensive
Quickness IV and DX 32 or better): This figure moves extremely fast
in combat situations and is very hard to hit. This talent's benefits are
identical to Defensive Quickness IV except that three dice (+5d6) are
added to all combat rolls against this figure (8/DX in normal combat,
9/DX if Defending or Dodging).

DENSENESS (IQ 6, Costs 1): Someone with this handicap has
difficulty noticing things, understanding jokes, etc., and thus one extra
die (+1d6) is rolled to see if someone with Denseness notices
something.

Now see how those Conan's fare!

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks!