(TFT) r

Dan writes . . .

I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm curious - why do you consider
this a weakness?

ITL, p.

Well this is an interesting point of contention. Because EVERY 'skill' roll
is based on your attributes - even if you don't have any talent and the GM
gives you a penalty for attempting something, you technically still should
be able to try.... (I personally use the rules from Ron Pehr's Superheroes
in TFT article)...

IQ
can spend

No, this is the way I thought of it. I just seems like someone implied this
was some sort of unfair advantage. It doesn't really seem so to me.
Considering the IQ 12 person has a much better chance to make their IQ
rolls, they are in fact *better* at their 'fewer' talents than the IQ 10
guy. Seems pretty balanced to me.....

Personally, I prefer "Knowledge Points", as in "points spent for what you
know". Memory requires an IQ roll, so that doesn't work. "Skill Points"
doesnt work fo me because TFT doesn't really have "skills". The Talents are
much 'broader' in scope (Theif being the obvious example). IQ points seems
like it could refer to 'either'.

Michael

====Post to the entire list by writing to tft@brainiac.com.