(TFT) An update.

Hi everyone,
	Greff is unconscious and it looks like it will be a
while before we get the next journal entry from him so I'm
passing on this turn.

	The situation,  a fight is heard happening down
near the swamp Pak would like to drain.  Half the party
runs down to help and get jumped by a large force of
goblin troops.  They are magically berserk, and using
poisoned weapons.

	Ben is mortally wounded with his rear leg
blown apart with an exploding gem.  Lance is killed
outright and is hacked to pieces.  The rest of the party
is nearly dead, when a few of the Thorsz troops that
started this fight counterattack, 'lead' by a goblin
wizard!

	Pak arms the peasant slaves and attacks from
the other side.  Between the two forces the goblin
reenforcements break and what is left of the goblins
run.

 	Greff, Ben and Merrick may die of their wounds
(Greff has passed out.)  However the new troops have
a couple healing potions and the little goblin has a bunch.
With magical healing, most of the party may be saved.
Pak starts physicking at once.

	****

	The strange little goblin wizard with visible
reluctance offers Galendaar 2 more healing potions.
If one or two more can be found on the bodies, Ben's leg
may be healed well enough for him to walk.

	An arbalist bolt howls thru the air thru the thickest
concentration of troops (mostly the peasants).  Fortunately
none are hit.  A collection of 5 fighters (lead by nem' Korram
and Drimkror) are organized, and head in that direction at a
run.  As Ben orders, the goblin wizard is with them.

	The peasants rapidly collect together cloaks and
poles.  Pak has Distaeff, make a series of slings between
two poles to lift the rear half of Ben's weight.  The
peasants work hard, but they steadilly arm themselves with
more daggers, swords, shields, javelins, spears and dirks.
Many uneasy glances are sent their way and bristling they
seem to sense the growing hostility.  Pak tries to head off
a fight by keeping the peasants busy, and it works for now.
Pak himself looks terrible, but he is working hard,
physicking as many people as he can.

	Three fighters have remained at the pond and
they are now walking towards you, one is cursing steadilly
and seems in a foul mood.

	Pak works first on Merrick, fortunately the
sturdy little man is still conscious so he can drink the two
healing potions given him.  Tho weak with blood loss
he is stabalized.

	The two potions for Greff are held until he can
be brought back to consciousness.  (It is risky getting
unconscious figures to drink potions. They may be wasted
or worse, and there is no immeadiate emergency.)

	Ben, still terribly weak gives orders for the
troops to treat the new goblin with respect (for now) and
to bring back the enemy goblin wizard's dead body.  He
also sees to Lance's body and gives some orders about
honors and Lance's familly and weapons.  His words
are getting more vague and disjointed as exhaustion and
pain take their toll.  He is on the edge of unconsciousness.
Im' kneels beside his suffering friend, talking and
comforting him while the workers ready the slings.

	Tho his 'orders' have no authority behind them,
the little goblins 'advice' to strip the enemy for potions or
other loot is being worked on by Merrick.

	The cursing soldier, totally covered in mud,
squelches up to the group around the pile of bodies. "I
am Decathon Leader Doror' Tm Cremp and I am in
charge here!  You slaves!  Drop your weapons or damn
me I'll cut you down where you stand!  Who's damn
fool idea was that, letting them loot a bloody battlefield?
You, (to one of his people) bring back the rest of the
troops now!  Then have my tent pitched in the Pallisade.
What bloody madman sent off our troops with slaves
running around arming themselves?

	Sullenly, the peasants have dropped their
weapons, except perhaps for a dagger or two.  They
will have to be searched once more reenforcements
arrive.

	Pak stands up from his healing work and
limps forward.  As he passes Galendaar, he says sotto
voice, "Give the healing potions to Ben; we NEED
him badly."

	Speaking up Pak says, "I'm Pak Nadersong
and I was left in charge of the larger body of men in
the fort.  These are not peasants, I've recruited them
into the Thorsz' army due to the emergancy. I also
was the person who ordered the attack on the arbalist
that was firing at us.  (Pak ignors the fact that everyone
was shouting to form up and attack the arbalist.)

	"Damn your bloody insolence, you will call
me, Sir!   I'll have you enslaved if I hear another word
out of turn from you!  Unless you happen to own them
and have a magistrate's permission, you have no say
over those animals!  Damn me, I'll have you whipped
in a trice, you damned, great, bloody, useless, fool!"

	Some of the peasants, angered by how Pak
is being treated, mutter, "He says we are free!!!" "We
are free!"  Their hands tighten on their weapons. The
fighters seem to ignore them.  But everyone is waiting
for another slave revolt to burst out.

	Pak says, "Yes... sir.", and turns back to his
healing.  He moves over to the barely conscious Ben
and prepares to set the leg...

	***

	Mack,  I do not allow Repair spells to be
used on wounds of any sort.

	John, unless you are given healing potions
please do not speak.

	The peasants are lible to be desperate, for
them to touch a weapon, is a death sentence.

	The group of fighters that ran into the woods
is not visible yet.  The messanger to them has just
dissappeared into the woods.

	What do you all do?  The Decathon Leader
has 4 of his own people about him, but they are
facing the peasants.

	Rick