Re: (TFT) TFT: Diamonds

Well, when I bought my fiancee's engagement ring, I didn't currently have a
contract, so any ring was going to cost infinite months' salary (see how much
I love her?).

But as jewelry goes, a diamond engagement ring is pretty inexpensive, given
how much it's worn - it would be tough to get it to more than a dollar a day,
if it's worn every day for forty or fifty years.  It's the jewelry that gets
worn only once a year that's expensive.

She also says if she never takes it off, it won't get lost or stolen.  And
our jeweler will replace the diamond if it falls out of the setting and is
lost.

In a fantasy game, of course, with magic rings available, you can get stuff
that's a lot more expensive.  Some of the female characters in my campaign
wouldn't accept a mere nonmagical diamond ring.

Warren Dew