Re: FW: (TFT) TFT: Chalupas

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:08:40 -0800, "Linzy, John S"
<john.s.linzy@intel.com> wrote:

>>However I have heard of gloves with an inner layer of chain mail used to
>>catch swords
>

>I've hear of using a chain mail or heavy leather glove to block or misdirect
>a rapier or epee but not other swords.  Sounds to me like a good way to get
>your hand broken or lose it.

Simple, you dodge and catch it on the off swing!

One trick we were taught in Viking reenactment was to parry the sword
and use the off hand to take the sword off the opponent's weapon away

ed
--
edhogg@equus.demon.co.uk           |  Dragons Rescued  |      _////
http://www.equus.demon.co.uk/      |  Maidens Slain    |   o_/o ///