(TFT) Demons 'n' rings 'n' things

Rick Smith's suggestions for using bound demons to justify attribute adders brought to mind an article I'd read -- in Fantasy Gamer #4 Steve Jackson provided a brief article which presents the Bind Spirit spell and offers examples of bound Djinns, Elementals, lesser and greater Demons, Ghosts, and Wights. Space Gamer #43 had a related article for D&D bound Demons, Devils, Djinn, Efreet, Elementals, and Invisible Stalkers which could be adapted to the Fantasy Trip. I'm curious how others view the nature of demons on Cidri. Are they literally mythic demons, Mnoran constructs, extraplanar creatures similar to those called by summons spells (but with more self will), or what?
                         -- Pat