Re: (TFT) TFT City: Cliportage

The only criticism I see with Cliportage is visual (I need to see a map).
The creation of a map would be a hum dinger.
<

First, Campaign Cartographer is an excellent program for creating maps you
might want to look into.

Second, while more TFT material is always good, I thought I'd offer my take
on it.

As a collector of games, I have a boatload of medieval fantays cities -
Minas Tirith, Haven, City-State, Middenheim, Lankhmar, etc. Admittidly,
some of these are now hard to get hold of but many are still available and
all could be found on eBay.

So while Cliportage is an excellent start and I look forward to seeing it
developed, I'd actually pay good money for some of the smaller but more
personal locations players often visit. The Hamlets and Villages and Mining
colonies that players often visit (ie, stop-and-rob) and yet dont get a
very full treatment.

I think TSR did some "City Sites" and "Country Sites" along those lines.
Flying Buffalo also did "Wilderness Encounters" and "City Book" which also
share these characteristics. Even Metagamings Interplay magazine had short
"TFT Encounter" articles that really spiced up a campaign without affecting
the continent's politics.

These are easier to do than full-fledged cities and they are not often seen
in RPG supplements. They are also a LOT easier to 'plug-in' to a campaign
than a full-fledged city, which need a lot of work to integrate.

Anway, I'm just kibitzing on what I'd personally like, but I thought others
might like the idea of 'less work per submission'...

As for putting my keyboard where my mouth is? Sorry, I'm working on
populating a High School for a modern day campaign at the moment...

Michael