Re: (TFT) Tolkien (1)....and Kobolds

>PS: Here's a question while I think about it, how does everyone
>see Kobolds? As reptilian or mammalian. In the original monster
>manual they were scaly but then this is the book that brought us
>pig-headed orcs.

In AD&D there seems to be a "progression" of goblinoid races
that goes from goblin up to bugbear, but I don't think the
kobolds are part of that scheme.  Also, I'm pretty certain
that in a module there is a reference to kobold eggs, implying
that they're lizard-like.  Of course, given that AD&D
modules sometimes go off various deep ends you have to take
anything in them with a grain of salt.

But who cares?  Develop them however you want for TFT.  Given
how sketchy their background is in AD&D yours would probably
be recognizable as kobolds whichever way you went.

BTW, 100% agreement about the idiotic pig-men artwork they
used for orcs.