From: "Patrick Keleher" <patkeleher@hotmail.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Just checking...
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:49:20 EDT

    Although it doesn't need to be used much, at least in my play of the
game, I've set up a system of maximum attribute points allowed for each
player character species. The rules are: maximum total attribute points = 2
X attribute points for a starting character of that species (So, for
example, humans, elves and dwarves, who all start at 32 points, can reach a
maximum of 64.  An overman, who starts at 40 AP, will have a max of 80.  A
prootwaddle, starting at 26 AP, will max at 52.); maximums for individual
attributes are (minimum + 1/3 free AP) X 3 (Max individual attributes for a
human would be 30 for each attribute, but for an elf would be: ST 24, DX 36,
IQ 30.  (I'm working from memory here -- I hope I haven't made a fool of
myself by misremembering minimum attributes for an elf.) Maximums stated in
the rules cannot be exceeded; a prootwaddle will still never have an IQ
above 6, but can reach ST or DX up to 30.)  Maximum individual attributes
can be changed, usually by some sort of magical intervention; for example,
Pippin and Merry, after visiting Treebeard obviously were able to reach a
higher ST than would ordinarilly be possible for a hobbit.  I think maximum
total AP should remain inviolate, though.