(TFT) TFT: New Rules

Thorn writes . . .

>Has anyone here ever noticed the congruences between TFT and
>SPI's DragonQuest?

   I glanced at DragonQuest many moons ago, back when it and Universe were
SPI's entries into the RPG market.  Back then I found the case format mildly
intimidating, which is one of the reasons I never gave it a try.
   So what are the differences?  Any concepts or mechanics which might be
useful in a TFT campaign?

Bulgan writes . . .

>Anyone thought of gathering all the house rules, new monsters,
>spells, talents, etc and putting it all together for us hard-
>core TFT'ers.

   I've been collecting new rules, monsters, etcetera for my two TFT
campaigns ever since I got back into it more than a year ago.  I wrote up
two handouts for the players: "Thail Campaign Ground Rules" and "Dave's TFT
Rules Addendum", which contain many new talents, spells, jobs, equipment,
magic items, long-term tasks, and optional rules.  Each one started pretty
small, but over time eventualy grew to about 48 pages of new TFT material.
Some of these new rules are from the pages of /Interplay/ and /Space Gamer/
magazines, and others are from this very mailing list.
   Right now I'm in the middle of transforming both into something suitable
for semi-professional publication to share with other GMs out there.  Anyone
wanting a copy would just have to send the cost of printing and postage, or
even cheaper off the shelf of the local game store.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Mutual Fund   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Current fund value: $1.92 per share.