Re[2]: (TFT) psychology of HT

srydzews@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Joe Hartley wrote:
>
> > So where does this leave us all?  Pining for the fjords? (sorry!)
> > In the past months since I found myself in the position of sole
> > conduit to the Thompsons, I've passed two or three requests up to
> > the next level.  As far as I know, there have been no offers that
> > were deemed solid enough to actually make it as far as Howard.
>
> Were these "here's a check" offers or profitsharing/licensing ideas?

I don't know.  I try to do as little filtering as possible since
I'm not too fond of my role as the Gatekeeper.  (There's not even
Sigourney Weaver as Keyholder to make it interesting!)  I've only
failed to pass up two requests that I recall - one was a person who
had no real interest in buying TFT, but just wanted to say he'd
talked to Howard, and the other said he had no money, but a great
idea.  I said to them just what I've said here - if you have the basic
terms written up by a lawyer and are ready to put cash on the table,
then HT *may* get back to you.  To the best of my knowledge, of the
offers passed along to the Thompsons, only one got as far as Howard,
and he never responded.  I don't know why.