Re: (TFT) Hurting undead / other dimensionally / other worldly creatures

Pasha and or Rick Smith wrote:

> Hi all,
>         I have been working on and off on a many page
> expansion to TFT undead.  One thing I've been playing with
> is making tougher monsters immune to normal weapons.
>
>         For example, some creatures can only be hurt by
> silver weapons, or by magic weapons, etc.

Dangerous, in that it establishes creatures (potential minions and
summonings all?) that break the rules.

So if a werewolf must be defined with a vulnerability to silver, for
example, or devils/cold iron, or kryptonians/kryptonite, I suggest you
balance the creatures as tough, with natural armor or regeneration
effects that these types of weapons defeat.

I don't remember offhand if TFT's vampires are officially so, but I
recall a vampire from an old campaign, who regenerated quickly, but not
from silver.  Some odd reaction to silver seared the wounds made,
preventing the usual regeneration.  Surgical removal of the seared flesh
(with a steel blade) failed to allow regeneration.  I conjecture that it
_could_ have worked, if proper techniques were evolved.  But I digress.

In short, I suggest either armor that doesn't work against a class of
weapons, (blessed, cold iron, silver, hawthorne stakes), or regeneration
with limits either from contamination or timing, (silver 'poisoning',
wounds heal only at night).