(TFT) Exploding/Inflammatory Gems

I've played for a number of years with "exploding gems." They do 2D6 damage. Now that I look for it in Advanced Wizards, I can't find it. Hmmm. Is this perhaps from another game?

So how about this untested proposal:

Exploding Gem Class 1 - make as per Dazzle gem.  Cost?
 When this gem breaks, it causes a small explosion as per large
 firecracker, with loud noise and smoke (gem dust).  Does 1D6
 damage.

Exploding Gem Class 2 - make as per Dazzle gem.  Cost?
 When this gem breaks, it causes an explosion, with loud noise
 and smoke (gem dust & smoke).  Does 2D6 damage.

Exploding Gem Class 3 - make as per Dazzle gem.  Cost?
 When this gem breaks, it causes a grenade explosion, as per
 grenade.  Does grenade damage.

Exploding Gem Class 4 - make as per Dazzle gem.  Cost?
 When this gem breaks, it causes a petard explosion, as per
 petard.  Does petard damage.

Inflammatory Gem Class 1 - make as per Dazzle gem.  Cost?
 When this gem breaks, it causes a flash of flame as if a
 tablespoon of gasoline were just lit; no smoke.
 Does 1D6-3 damage.

Inflammatory Gem Class 2 - make as per Dazzle gem.  Cost?
 When this gem breaks, it causes a explosion of fire as
 if a molotail went off; this gem dust acts like oil and
 burns with some smoke.  Does molotail damage.

Inflammatory Gem Class 3 - make as per Dazzle gem.  Cost?
 When this gem breaks, it causes an explosion of fire as
 if a barrel of gasoline went off; the gem dust acts like
 magnesium and also floats in the air for 12 rounds.
 Does ? damage?

Inflammatory Gem Class 4 - make as per Dazzle gem.  Cost?
 When this gem breaks, it causes an explosion like a
 grenadex2 (double all damage).  In addition napalm is
 released in a MegaMegahex circle.  This clinging fire will
 burn until the fuel is consumed (this fuel could be flesh).
 The gem dust acts like magnesium powder and floats in
 the air for 12 rounds. The explosioin will create a
 little mushroom cloud affect as the ball of flame
 lifts up and burns out.  Does ? amount of damage?

I figure Class 1 gems are even easier to make then Dazzle Gems.
Class 2 gems are made like dazzle gems.
Class 3 gems are very difficult to make and gake an expensive gem. Should they be coded? Rubies for Inflammatory Gems, Garnets for Exploding gems? Class 4 gems are what a Mage or Alchemy Master would make as one of his Master Projects. Insanely expensive and complex.

I think a clever way to use these would be for a gem-cutter to cut it into an arrowshape, a fletcher to fit it into an arrow, and an archer to shoot it at a target. Boom.

Also, I've come across some interesting info on throwing molotails and grenades. They are not thrown as spear or hatchet. This is what Advanced Melee Page 23 "Fire as Weapon" has to say:

"A molotail is an excellent weapon. Several can be carried on your belt. It takes one turn to "ready" (that is, grab and light) the molotail; you must have a torch in the othe hand. On the next turn, you may throw it. Of course, if you are knocked down while holding a lit molotail, you must make a saving roll (3 dice vs. DX) to jerk the wick out...otherwise it goes off in your hex. A molotail can also break if you fall while carrying it.

"The range adjustment for DX on throwing molotails (and similar items) is -1 for every MEGAHEX distance from you to the target. If your target hex is 3 MH away, your DX is -3.

"If you MISS your DX roll, the molotail falls in another hex. The AMOUNT it misses by is the number of hexes by which you missed your roll. If your adjusted DX for the throw was 11, and you rlled a 14, you missed by 3 hexes. The DIRECTION is determined by rolling a die, as per the diagram. [picture a megahex with 1 being the top hex and 6 being the 10 oclock spot.] If a straight line between the figure and the hex where the molotail would hit intersects a WALL, the molotail hits that wall instead. If it meerely intersects a figure, it is assumed to pass over that figure.

"On a roll of 17 or 18, a molotail expldes in the hand of the thrower. Otherwise, it expldes immediately in the hex where it lands."

This means that you can throw that molotail (or grenade or alchemy/chemestry gas bombs) 9 hexes away for only -3DX and it can waver any number of hexes if you miss. I had been using the thrown weapon distances and blowing up my guys too.

Hail Melee

John Paul