Re: (TFT) Crunching the numbers...

>Am I translating this correctly?  "Your weapon does X dice, roll that
many dice as a combined 'to hit' and 'initiative'.  Roll lower than your
DX and you hit, but they may hit you first, if they rolled a higher
number.  You have the option of rolling more dice(and therefore having
more dice to pick damage from)."

Excellent.  Elegant.  It involves the player far more than the rather
rote "roll to hit, then maybe roll damage", which almost plays itself.<

So does having the player buy the Tactics talent and having them role-play
their tactics before giving them the Initiative bonus.

No offense intended of course, I'm just making an observation on this kind
of rule. What do you want the players to be thinking about during the
battle?

Michael