Re: (TFT) Live Metric or Die!

Michael Taylor wrote:

> So how does everyone feel about TFT using only the metric system for
> measurement?
>
> I've been sticking with that for a while, but it's starting to bug me. I
> think that Steve Jackson got that right in GURPS when he went back to the
> pound system. How do people feel about it Doesn't come up enough?
>
> Michael
> =====
> "unsubscribe tft"

Never bothered us locally (meaning my old crew, not me and 'local'
Dom).  Everything was a 'hex', and encumbrance and such was roughly done
(running either strapping warriors or wimpy mages helps).  I don't think
it's an issue.

As an aside, in the rules I've been writing up, I've gone with units
that are deliberately vague.  'Paces' for movement and weapons reach,
and therefore for distance, 'Beats' for time, and a Weight value for
weapons, which is more a coefficient than a measure of mass, so I
suppose it will do.  Heck, with for RPG, I could presume a coin of WGT
1, and bingo!, currency, too.  :)