Re: (TFT) Hundred strength elemental

David Michael Grouchy II wrote:

> Hundred strength elemental

One of the legends of the Magewar, the magickal holocaust that served as
history for my Runes of the New World campaign, is the 600'-high flaming
image of one of the combatant nations' kings.  I had to figure out just
how this worked, in case some pit bull of a player got his teeth around
it.  (and also to leave fragments of the process about as teasers for
the party magi)  That lead me down much the same path you've gone.  Let
me offer the idea that within a pentagram or circle prepared to that
intent, all ranges are 'touch', so that ranks of apprentices (in the
case of the apparition above, these would be masters as well) are not
needed, just a clean circle of supporters at the edge of the pentagram's
effect.

For less formal settings, I always thought that the staves of the mages
could increase their 'touch' range, allowing up to your second rank to
have no DX minus.

On the idea of limits to power channeled per turn, consider charging a
hit of 'real' damage for every 1xST a mage channels.