Re: (TFT) a magic circle, say a hexogram?

Cas said

OK how about this then? A powerful spell (IQ 24?)
that creates a megahex area  (a 'hexagram')where ST
cost for spells is halved (minimum of 1). Once cast,
the area is immobile and lasts 1 day. This spell can
be used to make a VERY expensive magic item that you
can put on a carpet and take with you But is (1)
very bulky, and (2) takes 3 turns (2 for females) to
set up properly with 2 people (you know, straighten
the edges and fold out the creases).  Thus not too
good for combat except an ambush.

Or, summoning a magical creature which can cast AID
spell and loan ST? High IQ to justify the critters
great strength and ability to AID more ST than was
used to cast the spell...........

    Hmmmm???? indeed.
Summon Giant(with aid spell) certainly wouldn't be 4 plus 1 per turn. Lets see. Drain strength gives one fatigue per five strength drained. A giant would give 5 points. Exactly what it would cost to summon the giant on one turn, maintain it, and drain it the next turn. The whole thing would cost zero fatigue, take two turns, and feature a giant. A summoned creature that can lend, or even aid, strength has only been scratched on the surface. I think a demon can bestow an attribute point in the form of a wish, but that is permanent and no where near the strength it could aid. I think you are onto something new here. But couldn't it quickly become self perpetuating. "I summon an aid golem, to summon a bigger aid golem, to summon a bigger?"

    David Michael Grouchy II