Re: (TFT) Converting Dungeons and Droolers...

Hey, it was good idea when FUZION tried it! Let's see Star Wars with
character classes, oh yeah, that'll be a good game system!

Nope, not at all. D&D *doesn't* stop people from role-play. It *inhibits*
them from role-playing them and teaches them BAD role-playing.

But if I player learns how to role-play (probably from some other game
system) and truly WANTS to role-play, then they can, EVEN if they DO play
D&D. But the odds are against it and the D&D rules are against it being
likely to happen.

Buying a BMW doesn't make you a lousy driver, but chances are, if you have
one, your a bad driver.

I'm not sure this passes the squint test. But since I lean toward the
tactical just for the sake of making it more exciting and clearer to the
player, I'm a little bias towards that.

As a Player I always hated it when the GM "wings" it for combat (or
anything else). All GMs are lousier at winging it than they think they are
and nothings more frustrating than not being *sure* where you are and what
your options are in combat.

Well, I just played a miniature scenario with John from this list at a game
convention, and I greatly enjoyed the game. I would love for it to be
role-playing campaign, but as a tactical situation I didn't really feel
like we lost very much.

In this scenario I thought of all kinds of things and clever maneuvers that
I wouldn't have  thought out without the beautfiul terrain he'd layed out.
So to me, it actually made it more of a role-playing experience, than if I
had to 'limit' myself to just what I 'thought' was nearby according to the
GM's description...

Of course, most of what I came up with got us all killed, but that's
another problem....

Michael