Re: (TFT) Re: TFT PBEM

Hi Kelly,
	I've ran a TFT campaign for the last 22 months
and I like to think it has ran quite well.  (Maybe some
of my player would like to offer a counter opinion!)
I have the following suggestions:

1)	Roll all the dice yourself and dramatically
describe the battles.  This is many times faster than
trying to game each dice roll by email....     I just
ask the players their plans at the start of the battle
and anytime an IMPORTANT decision comes up.

2)	Keep it moving.  Try to send 1 or 2 messages
each week.  If you don't have time for a proper letter,
then ask a few detail type questions.  By the time they
respond, you have bought yourself another 3 days.

3)	Do campaigns that are different!  Pick a
campaign where thought and planning are very
important.  Take your players places where they
have not been before.  Invent new monsters, items,
spells, etc.

4)	Don't be afraid to kill or maim them if they
mess up.  In my campaign, Lance, (a VERY important
NPC) got killed off early because of some poor
planing.  It let the players know that they were not
immortal.  (I would be more reluctant to KILL a PC
but Pak, the druid got a Weapon of Vitiation punjee
stick wound that was immune to magical healing that
laid him up for the last 14 real months.)

5)	Encourage your players to write dialog and
description.  A little cut and paste, a little editing
when needed and voila! you have 3 to 5 paragraphs
that YOU don't have to write.

6)	Make sure that your NPC's have room for
character development.  (The PC's are on their own
in that respect.)

	Good luck!

	Rick