Re: (TFT) Ahhh, completeness!

From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Ahhh, completeness!
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 12:45:26 -0400 (EDT)

Who else but you guys would care??

HAHAHAHAHAHA LOL ROTF LOL. TFT is closer to science than fantasy. And the future holds new perspectives on the past. There may even come a day when people would be surprised to find out that you said that at this time. Does anyone else have a complete copy of metagaming? Let them step forward. Socrates said that after the phisics comes the metaphisics. What comes after gaming? Four people I know still play Sid Meyer's Civilization on the computer. I remember playing the board game before that, and before that there was "Sticks and Stones" by Metagaming. I remember distinctly the time a friend of mine came up to me and expressed the wish that "Sticks and Stones" went beyond the level of technology it acheived. I also remember playing Civilization the board game and wondering why it stopped at space travel. Most of metagamings products were things that satisfied the curiosity and at the same time made one hungry for more. Congradulations on your collection. Now extract the science and share it with us. Please. Didn't GURPS try a cave man supliment. It didn't have the tech development that "sticks and stones" had did it. Thats the fundamental question after all isnt it? If you have to play a cave man, do the rules allow you to evolve?

    David Michael Grouchy II