Re: (TFT) the challenge of computers, and idea

From: "Cas Liber" <casliber@ozemail.com.au>

   I agree with most of this DMG, and have also found as we all get
older, we all get darned busier. I remeber being a teenager with
bucketloads of free time and ability to play for days at a time.
Now we all have commitments and from about age 21 onwards it became
much much harder to have everyone free at the same time to play.
This is when we started to play boardgames like Talisman and
Civilization, and cardgames like Jyhad (sorry, Vampire) and
Mythos (couldn't bring meself to collect Magic cards...), when it
wouldn't matter if someone wasn't available or not.
   Not sure what I'll do when I start GMing

Cas,
Talisman and Civilization were great board games. I remember playing Civ and thinking "this would make a great computer game". I don't know of Jyhad. I too couldn't bring myself to collect Magic cards either. In a strange moment while watching groups play during a convention, I was reminded of the die hard minature wargamers who didn't like all of us upstart role-players. When magic the gathering came out, I saw many die hard role players shaking their heads at the upstarts. Maybe, one day, something new will come out and the card gatherers will be shaking their heads. Hehehe.

    David Michael Grouchy II