Re: (TFT) orbs

> Neil Gilmore wrote:

> Well, true.  My comment was partially tongue in cheek.  But the
> "mad wizard who wants to become immortal/take over the world"
> is much more of a staple of S&S fiction that the "mad bowman
> or engineer or physician that wants to take over the world."

I'm diging this idea more and more. While trying to cross the mountaints
Sauron throws a massive blizzard at the fellowship. All the humans are up
front shoveling through the drifts with Gimli while the Hobbits are huddled
around the pack animals and Legolas guards the rear. Then durring a
particularly nasty and blinding gust a muffled cry sounds from around the
anamials. Frodo has an arrow through the eye and Legolas has triped off with
the ring, his light treads not even breaking the crust on top of the drifts
that lead back to the valley below. Armies of insane elvish bowmen. Would
that make Dwarfs and Orcs holymen? What would evil elfs do? Knock down
everyones house and plant trees?

Actually come to think of it we could see something like this in the
upcomming movie..... (ack!)

Jay