Re: Re: (TFT) orbs

Michael Taylor wrote:
> Create Gate will let you cast spells through the gate (IMHO).

That's one way to look at it.  IMC only the passage of a living
creature will activate a gate.

> You can set up ANY rules you want when you create the gate.

Well, you can put any LIMIT on it that you want.  That doesn't
mean there aren't any restrictions on the basic capability of
the spell.  For instance, you couldn't define a 'rule' that
a person going through arrives at a randomly selected gate,
(or one they select by speaking a word as they go through).

> If you can create it so that it only activates when something
> living comes through AND you can stick your head through the
> gate and pull it back...

See, I wouldn't allow that.  To me, something either goes
through or it doesn't--no sticking-just-your-head-through
stuff.  But again, that's my campaign, far be it from me
to tell anyone else how to run theirs.

> ...it seems to be flexible enough to all the rule
> "Always Activate and allows Spells To Go Through it."

Well, so far as the orbs are concerned, even if you allow
this much flexiblity with gate spells the orbs represent
something new: a mobile gate.